Thursday, August 12, 2010


Well I landed in Johannesburg this evening after an 18 hour flight over the Atlantic and a very hard good bye to Brownie and the kids. It was real hard to turn and walk away towards the plane. The trip over was rough with a lot of turbulence, but nonetheless I enjoyed the people sitting next to me and I did get caught up on some movies and books! I did read in one book about taking a risk for the cause of Christ. Piper the author said, "Because we do not know what will happen tomorrow, all of life is but a risk. Don't waste your life on menial risks, make them count for Christ!" That is my prayer on this journey! One nice lady that sat next to me was from Zambia, SA and after sharing with her it turned out she is a believer and we had a real nice talk about Jesus in America verses Jesus in South Africa. I do have jet lag and the fact that I had dinner on the plane when we left Atlanta and dinner again on the plain about an hour out, really works on the ole noodle. I will adjust though. Tomorrow I will get back on a plane for Nelspruit and will get to meet up with Scott Lenning one of our team members. Looking forward to seeing a familiar face. Well that is all I have at this point since it is midnight here and only 4:30pm back home. Keep checking back as I log this entire Journey!

1 comment:

  1. Pick 'em up and put 'em down dude, you'll be home before you know it. You are lifted up daily. Hope the flatuation didn't kill ya!!! God's Speed be with you!!

    ReplyDelete