Tuesday, August 31, 2010


(The picture is of a giraffe blocking the road and we couldn't get by. Looks like he is playing chicken with us! )
This will be my last post for this amazing mission in Africa. As I am typing this, I am packing to head to the airport. I am so happy to be going home to see my family, friends, and to remember why I am an American. Ha! (i.e. unlimited access to cell phones, internet, and free refills!)
I have missed everyone so dearly and especially cannot wait to see Brownie and the kids! Spend 3 weeks away from your wife and you'll be reminded why Adam said WOW when he saw Eve. Spend 3 weeks away from your children and you'll be reminded why you are blessed when your quiver is full. I am so blessed to have the family I have. I could not do the Lord's work without the same calling on their lives. After 3 weeks in Africa I have no doubt what God has in store for our family. Everyone of us are called to share the gospel no matter where we are, what we have done, or who we are talking to. We are to live our lives denying ourselves, taking up our cross, and following Jesus. There is no doubt in my mind, no doubt in my praying, and no doubt in my actions, God is going to us to do just that.
While I am certainly going to love coming home, I have only traded one emptiness with another. While the hole in my heart that my family will once again fill, will not fill in the hole that is now there for South Africa and her people! I will dearly miss them until God sees fit to send us back. I have no doubt as well, I will not come back alone either. I believe God has made a great connection between the local churches here and us. We will be coming back!
I thank God for the 16,000 people that came to our mission and over 1200 souls that gave their lives to Christ. Thank God for the university. For the 27 students that gave their lives to Christ there, the ones that found freedom from their evil family traditions of ancestry worship, and the ones who found physical healing from the great physician!
I also want to thank my God for his fortress around me the whole time. There were many times I was in danger and yet He protected me. There were many times I was outnumbered and yet I was in the majority with the presence of God there. I consider it a blessing to be able to go in His name and represent His people. May we all have the priviledge of saying that at least more than once in our lives. I pray we leave this planet better than we found it! Thanks to the cross of Jesus Christ for the good things and the bad things that have been turned to good! Knees To The Earth!

Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment