Thursday, August 26, 2010


Still speaking at the university this week. (See pic) Yesterday was a full and crazy day. I woke up, had breakfast, and was out the door. My first stop was a speaking engagement at a local business called "Clicks." It would be equivalent to say a CVS pharmacy back in Birmingham. I spoke to their employees before they opened up. There were 11 people there and we met in their back office. 4 of them gave their lives to Christ and one of them rededicated their life. After that I met up with the rest of the team who had been out and we got to tour the FIFA soccer stadium. (See my facebook for Photos) Wow, to think that the world cup was just here is amazing. We as a team dreamed about the possibilities of filling up this place in the future for a crusade. I suggested we bring groups from America the next time we come back and do a Pathfinders here! We could see thousands get saved! Join us as we pray over that for the future! I then had to go to a reporting meeting where I gave my report to African Enterprise! After that I prepared for the evening where I was whisked away in a car and after changing vehicles two more times, I arrived at the tent meeting in the middle, to be honest, I have no idea where I was last night. All I know is that I was told to keep my head down and get inside the tent as quickly as possible. Once inside I found about 160 people worshipping and praising God. They were dancing all over the place. I felt like I was at my prom again. : ) I quickly was brought to the front where I met 7 of the other pastors in the area and we joined in on the worship. After the worship and offering was taken, me and my translator stepped up to the pulpit. One very interesting thing happened before I was brought up, they asked me for my Bible, in which one man carried the Word of God and laid it on the pulpit in such a way I have never seen. There is such respect for the Word of God. I learned later that they do not look kindly on someone who throws around the Word of God like a rag and especially if you put it on the ground! They treat it as if it is a Holy book. Go figure! After my translator and I delivered the message, over 40 people came down to give their lives to Christ. I prayed with nearly 100 people last night. Many of them struggling with witchcraft and demons. Many of them wanting healing in their bodies. And many of them wanting protection from the evil in their communities. I do have to say that my box has been stretched a bit to say the least. The one thing I did notice, is how many of these people are becoming followers of Christ and they do not have a Bible. Please pray that Bibles flood South Africa! We are so blessed in America. I challenge you to get yours and start reading through it! It's like what your mother always said when you didn't finish your food, "You better eat that food, there are starving children in Africa who would kill to have that kind of food on their plate." I'm just saying...

1 comment:

  1. Joey, thanks for sharing all this with everyone and I can't imagine what it is like serving there. You are right about your box being stretched a bit! just sayin... I have been reading through Scott's blog as well and it is mind-blowing what God is doing through all of yall over there and the responses and lives changed for Christ. Miss you and love you bro.
    -Harris

    p.s. After watching your vid last Sunday, I see God is changing your heart and I believe you are going to come back to the states with a totally new perspective which I know we need to hear about it. God will teach us so so much through your walk over there when you get back. The guys and myself are praying for you and the group... let you know what happens at The Revolution tonight later on. PEACE

    ReplyDelete