Sunday, August 15, 2010


We arrived at the first border patrol from Nelspruit to Swaziland. I see the United States on my passport as I am standing in line and thinking, how blessed we are that we can cross state lines rather than country borders! Today I will have been in 3 different countries! We made it through the border patrol to leave Nelspruit to go about 20 yards and stop for the Swaziland border. We made it through there and then had to do the same thing again to get into Mozambique. It is nothing to see soldiers with ak47’s on their shoulders watching and staring you down! In fact our vehicle was stopped by a truck of 7 soldiers and their captain to interrogate us. Thankfully our guide is sharp on her feet. We could have easily found ourselves in jail. She got us off because she told them we were missionaries here to pray for the people of Mozambique! We made it all the way through to the city of Mapotu. It is here we stopped for some bread called pao cooked over a stone fire. WOW! We then went onto catch our ferry to the island where we got to see the Indian Ocean. I got in it and man was it cold! Honestly it was cold I never got over knee deep! After eating some Mozambique style chicken we headed back into the city to hit the marketplace. Negotiating is an understatement for this place. I still have a headache trying to figure out US dollars into Rand and then into Mozambique money that I will call Mets for short! The transfer rates were spinning in my head while I had 5 guys selling me 5 different things! Uhhhggg! I did negotiate one item that my wife wanted so bad. And she is getting it and I feel like a hunter who went out and killed it! Hahaha! After that, we had to get back to Nelspruit! Back through all the borders again to finally eat dinner at the pastor of one of the churches house. He had another guest pastor their from Pretoria, South Africa. I had an interesting conversation with him that I will reveal to the church next Sunday in the prerecorded message I will do right here from South Africa. You will have to attend church to find out what it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment